The Top Five Reasons to Try Jetskiing
At beautiful Lake Mead in Las Vegas, we offer a variety of top-of-the-line, high-speed motorboats and four-passenger jetski rentals. Whether you’ve always wanted to give jet skiing a try but have never gotten around to it, or whether you’re terrified of going fast but your friends have begging you to tag along on a great day out on the shining waters of Lake Mead, we suggest you give this article a thorough, open-minded read. It might require a willing suspension of your disbelief, but if you’re looking for some of the most compelling reasons to give jetskiing or speed boating a try, look no further.
1. Sense of personal accomplishment. This is a common theme for any active, intellectual, or athletic excursion, but it’s still one of the most legitimate reasons to do anything. The process of learning a new skill is highly beneficial to your self-esteem if you have a supportive and motivational instructor or mentor figure. Whether you’re a competitive, athletic kind of person or you’re trying to get over your irrational fear of water, jetskiing can be quite fulfilling and therapeutic if you just give it a try!
2. High speeds give you the sense of weightlessness and flight. We’re not sure how many different ways we can describe the simple fact that jetskiing or speed boating is fun! It’s not like other athletic activities that require heavy physical activity and pose a constant risk of physical harm. Please note: this is not to say that jetskiing is not a somewhat dangerous activity, but simply that you won’t become exhausted after tackling other people or running long distances. It’s more of a mental sport that requires some good spatial perception and speed tracking skills, but you get the benefit of traveling at high speeds and even simulating temporary flight when you jump a great wake! If you’re scared, you should tag along as a passenger before learning to operate the vehicles yourself.
3. Believe it or not, jetskiing reduces stress levels. You might think that boating would increase your stress levels or trigger some kind of “fight or flight” response in your brain, but the truth is quite the opposite. This kind of adrenaline rush is healthy under controlled conditions, and the endorphins that are released are good for you. You’re likely to feel something of a “high” even after you step back onto solid ground, trust us. If you make jetskiing or speed boating something of a regular fixture in your routine, the benefits of this emotional boost will become more prevalent.
4. Boating helps you keep in touch with the outdoors. When you live somewhere as urban and grounded as Las Vegas, it can be difficult to remember that our roots come from the Earth. When you’re out on the water, you’re reminded firsthand of the beauty of nature. You’re outside with the air and sunlight rather than shut up in an office building all day. You can feel the water spray on your skin, hear the sounds of rushing currents and rushing birds, and as you look out over the surface of the water, you’ll be struck by how this beautiful lake is tiny in comparison to the oceans. Jetskiing is also a great way to get the little ones outdoors and keep them active rather than staying inside with the curtains drawn playing on some electronic device or another. Getting outside is healthy, and water sports, even in Las Vegas, can be a great way to bridge that gap.
5. You can take advantage of the sense of community. This is a personal choice, but either way you can make it your own. Whether you prefer to jetski with a close of group friends, or if you’re trying to get out there and meet new people, it’s up to you. You’ll find that there is a large community of people passionate about water sports who love the feeling of being on the water (and in the air) that you can share your experiences and thoughts with. If you’re looking to build supportive relationships, joining this kind of community can be a great way to start, especially if you’re a complete beginner who is interested in taking training courses.
The list of all the reasons to start jetskiing is truly endless, and we could easily break down each of the above points into all of its finest details and talk about why each one is valuable. To summarize, if you’re looking to learn a new skill, feel a bit better about yourself, get outdoors more often, and have a fast, fun experience, high-speed water sports might be the solution for you! We encourage you to give us a call at Lake Mead in Las Vegas if you feel like you’re ready to branch out and try something new. Come visit us today!